Tuesday, May 21, 2013

#SP4Ed first post introducing ...


Hi everyone,

I am an Associate Professor in Information Technology at the Eastern Institute of Technology, in Hawke's Bay (EIT Hawke's Bay), New Zealand, and completed my PhD in 2009. I have a special interest in wikis in teaching and am transferring my wiki content to wikieductor (  http://wikieducator.org/VirtualMV ) any help on my Research in IT paper would be welcome.
I enjoy walking and gardening, and when the opportunity arises a round of golf. I also assist in a Ukulele night held once a month in Napier.

As a face to face teacher I have been exploring the use of Adobe Connect so students can choose to participate either in class or at other locations. So we coined a term 


Icon Note.png

gxLearning: “a geographically distributed class, consisting of students in a face-to-face mode plus students in a remote location”.

and are doing some research around its use.

Looking forward to working and trialing the sp4ed micro-OOK. Am also  going to try to only access it on my iPad to see how this goes :)
Michael Verhaart (virtualmv)

No comments:

Post a Comment