Friday, May 24, 2013

#sp4ed major event changing education


  • high speed video capable internet will change education because it makes it possible to have students geographically separated communicating in real time. As humans I think we have a basic need to network and through connecting with others get a feeling that we are adding value to our lives and the lives of others.
  • We can make the future happen because as educators we are the gatekeepers and - if we want -innovators who encourage and foster learning in others ( not necessarily students only). We have a fundamental desire to share our knowledge rather than hoard our knowledge (I think we should!!), for this group as you are part of the open education movement I suspect this would be the case.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that synchronous high speed audio conferencing is useful. I use Blackboard Collaborate (yes I know it is not free) with my students from all over the world it is a great tool...and makes it possible to quickly link people with common interests from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce, combined with cloud computing a very interesting and evolving educational ecosystem is emerging. I am curious, are you using Collaborate in a face 2 face class with additional remote students or from a web cam at your desk. My particular interest is how my physical class can be extended to include remote students.#sp4ed

    ReplyDelete