Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#sp4ed reflecting on session 2


Some thoughts on session 2 before I forget them. The overall structure is well thought out and researched however I am feeling the cognitive load ( may be I am doing this as well as my normal activities plus trying to see if I can do this on an iPad which is slowing me down). At present  I am feeling quite overwhelmed with the number of activities I am to cope with. From the readings, personal blog posts, microblog posts and responses. The time allocations for some of the activities are overly optimistic.  For example, I would be hard pushed to respond to the micro blog activity on definitions in 3 mins when I am also trying to respond to the thoughts of other participants.
.. Anyway back to the course....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael,

    Appreciate your feedback -- thanks for that.

    The course is designed for both "for-credit" learners and free mOOC participants. The for credit version of SP4Ed equates to 50 notional learning hours. Free learners joining the course are not expected to allocate 50 hours -- but we need to find a better way of differentiating the activities for these two groups.

    That's a valid point about the time allocation to post a mico-blog and respond to other posts. We need to clarify what the time estimates refer to as well as provide guidelines to learners on how to manage the "information overload".

    Thanks for the candid feedback -- this is what we asked for :-)

    ReplyDelete